- Is the machine threaded correctly?
- Is the foot up when you thread?
- Has the needle recently been replaced?
- Is the needle inserted correctly? Is it fully up in the clamp?
- Is the needle the correct one for the fabric? Is it the right size?
- Is the thread the same top and bottom?
- Is the bobbin damaged?
- Is the bobbin the right one? Is it in the right way?
- Is the thread good quality?
- How long has it been since the last service?
If you have tried all the above and your machine is still causing you grief,call our team at The Sewing Machine Doctor now.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring if your sewing machine or overlocker needs to come in for a service or repair.
- Cord & foot control (please put it in a bag if it is loose)
- Accessory tray
- Embroidery unit
- Carry case or cover (important for protection)
- A list of areas you need looked at, if applicable
- An embroidery card, floppy or USB stick
- Zig Zag, embroidery & buttonhole feet
- Samples of any problems experienced